Tuesday 4 October 2011

New Challenge at Celebrate the Occasion

Hi,today is a new challenge over at Celebrate the Occasion. This week we are asking you to make a project for Breast Cancer Awareness. I know this is a cause close to a lot of people's hearts and most of us have a connection in some shape or form.

21 years ago my Mum had breast cancer and just 2 weeks ago after all these years, she had to have another biopsy on a suspicious area. Fortunately, she was given the all clear last week. It's things like this that help put all our trivial worries in perspective. I too have yearly mammograms because I have a very strong family history of breast cancer and my other relatives weren't as lucky as my Mum in fighting it.

Here is my card....

We should always celebrate courage.

Recipe

 Pink Journey cart
(this came with my pink expression and I have not used this cartridge before).
Card base cut at 8.5"
White Layer cut at 3.75"
Phrase cut at 1.5"
Inking
Pink dew drops
3d foam
                                                                                     
          Entering this in the Link Up For Pink Linking Party.

Remember to give yourself some TLC......Touch,Look and Check

Enjoy today,live with love.
Love you Mum.


Jayne x


20 comments:

  1. Lovely card Jayne!! Fantastic news about your mom give the clear!! Cheers to her on being cancer free!!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fabulous news about your Mom!!! I just love your card!!
    Thank you so much for linking to Link Up for Pink! I hope you create another project....there's plenty of time! :)

    Yolie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad your mom got good news...your card is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whooo hooo for your mum.... beautiful card
    Thank you so much for linking up with us for Link UP for Pink.
    Celeste

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card!
    Laurie fellow DT member
    scrapsbysissy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super pretty card! I love the raised sentiment and cute mat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card - I love the cut out ribbon! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! I love the inking and popping up the layers. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad to hear your Mom is in the clear.... Your card turned out Beautiful... Love the cuts and the inking! :O)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Jayne, what a beautiful card and a beautiful celebration that your Mum is in the clear!! :)

    Thanks so much for sharing your talent at Celebrate The Occasion!! :)

    Your CTO DT Sister,
    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jayne,BEAUTIFUL job with your card!Fantastic news about your mom.Have a great day my friend!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Jayne!
    Thanks for linking up with us over at LUFP ~Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautifully done, I always love your distressing and your shadow emblem is so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a gorgeous card. I entered this challenge and wanted to drop by to say thanks for your DT work and inspiring me! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Simple, lovely and powerful.
    http://carolescreativecritters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely card! I'm so relieved to read that your mum's been given the clear. What a stress that must have been for you all!
    I've not yet opened my Pink Journey cartridge either... and have had it for years!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so happy that your mom received the all clear, Jayne! What a relief for your entire family! This card is so beautiful and inspiring! I love the inking - it gives such a great look! Beautiful card as always my sweet friend!

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just wanted to let you know you are one of our winners for LUFP. Check out my blog in a couple of hours to see what you have won..
    Celeste
    www.touchedbyabutterfly.com

    ReplyDelete